2/20/08

why do you hate jesus?

We went bowling again today. Yes, we're bowlers. We bowl. There was laughing... and oh yes, there were most certainly tears (as Miss Grace did not have the highest score and we all know that is not permissible in Graceland). Oh, and then there was this li'l nugget...

Josh: Why do you hate my school?
me: What? (and inside my head: WTF?)
Josh: You said that you hated my school.
me: (since it is possible...) When did I say that I hated your school?
Josh: You said you were not catholic and you don't go to church.
me: That is true... now whats this about your school?
Josh: I go to catholic school and we go to church.
me: I am not catholic. I'm sure that your school is a wonderful school. While I disagree with the dogma of the catholic church, that doesn't mean that I necessarily hate your school (however, now that you bring it up... I think I might just hate your school).
Annie (my BFF): You're debating religion with a 6 year old?
Josh: Everybody should goto church.
me: jesus christ. (I may be going to hell in a bucket baby... but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride... ride, ride, ride... at least I'm enjoyin' the ride)

Anyhoo... overall we had fun and I'm seriously considering signing the girls up for bowling lessons (6 weeks for $50 - not too bad). We'll take Josh too if he's okay with riding in a car with all us sinners (I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints... the sinners are much more fun). I'll keep you posted on the whole "bowling for jesus" scenario, k?
peace-out,
~smelly cat

1 comment:

InspireMe said...

i just peed a little. i'll ride in a car with you sinners and bowl for jesus anyday.

praise the lord!

and to pick up where you left off:

you analyze me, tend to despise me
you laugh when i stumble and fall
there may come a day when i'll dance on your grave
unable to dance I'll still crawl across it
unable to dance I'll still crawl
unable to dance I'll still crawl
unable to dance I'll crawl
you must really consider the circus
it just might be your kind of zoo
i can't think of a place that's more perfect
for a person as perfect as you